Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 325, 326 & 327: Sat July 5th - Daisies

Day 325, 326 & 327 -  
Daisies

I love daisies. They make me smile.
What a happy flower. 
Daisies also remind me of  'Big Scott'. 
I can't believe it's been almost 9 years this August since he passed away.  He was an amazing individual that meant so much to so many people in so many different ways.

One summer afternoon while we were visiting him, Scott gave me a tour of his garden and fruit trees. He was showing me flowers he named after his buddies lost in the Vietnam war, telling stories along the way.  At one point I happened to mention to him that my favorite flower was a daisy. He stopped what he was doing and had me follow him quietly to the front yard of his house. He bent down among a sea of daisies growing near the stairs, picked a large daisy and put it in my hair, tucked behind my ear and walked away smiling. 

Such a tender soul that we miss every day.





 
  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment