Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 333 & 334: Sat Jully 12th - The Final Countdown!

Day 333 & 334 - The Final Countdown - one month to go!

It's the Final Countdown (cue Europe song) I don't know if I'm sad or ecstatic that I have one month left before my birthday and goal is complete.
It's been easier in some ways than I thought it would be getting into a daily habit and ritual of running everyday and more challenging in others - keeping up with a blog falls under the more challenging bit.  In hindsight I should have made it a weekly blog, I didn't realize how time consuming a blog could be.  But it's been exciting nonetheless and created a photo journal of a great year. I'm having fun still, despite the heat, and that is the point of running for me.
It is my time to think, reflect, and vent my feet on the ground to work out my frustrations and tire my mind. At other times I feel joy, solitude, peace and grace as I marvel at the simple beauty in  places I hadn't taken the time to notice beforehand. And though sometimes it hurts, it's a good pain, with the exception of my heel ;)

I also loved running with my family when they've come along or indulged me.  It has helped to break up the monotony of the months and days along the way and I enjoy sharing that time with them.

I'm excited what the future will bring in life and running. I've decided what my next goal will be, however I have a month to go yet and some healing up I will need to do before the next grand adventure. Wish me luck! 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment