Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 181 and 182: Preying is for the Birds.

Day 181 & 182: 
Preying is for the Birds

Running Sunday was nice and started with a misty type rain which later turned into a brief downpour and ended again with lighter rain drops again.  I attempted to take a photo while it was raining hard, but the photo came out as only a puddle of water. <----------------------------------------------------------------
 It wasn't very cold, which was nice as I was wearing shorts.

Monday's run was even more interesting as I spied this beautiful young Bald Eagle perching over the second loop of the trail.  At first I couldn't tell what kind of bird it was. I see smaller birds of prey regularly hunting, but this one from a distance stood out.  

So I ceased running briefly and walked up slowly... closer and closer taking photos each time in case she decided to fly away. I was quiet and calm as I didn't want to scare her. Instead she stared back at me, turning her head this way and that with one eye...watching and aware.  Jax was oblivious of her presence and instead was off smelling some bush, tree or turd.



Though my camera didn't take photos that highlight her true beauty and grace, she was much larger than it appears through my phone camera. She stayed still other than rotating her head quizzically, putting up with my gawking at her.  After a few photos I whistled for Jax and continued running.  
  



This photo I cropped to zoom in so you can see her slightly better.... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment