Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 199: Thurs Feb 27th - Life's little reminders

Day One Hundred Ninety-nine:  Life's little reminders


This yellow ribbon tied onto a tree in the middle of the brush has been here for a while. Not sure who tied it or the reason. Perhaps tagging the tree for removal (hopefully not) or marking the path 20 ft in?  Doesn't make sense.  Who knows. But it got me to thinking that we have little reminders all the time in our lives. Ways we tag thing to remember, tasks to be done or ways not to get lost. For me, I have a tendency to write on the back of my hand or arm with a pen in small print if there is something crucial I need to not forget. 
Other methods I've tried over the years simply has not guaranteed that I remembered what was important for me to not forget.  I'm rambling now.
One thing I will say is that I loved the bursts of wind this morning.  Though wind is traditionally not a favorite weather condition for many people to run or walk in, I don't mind it.  My favorite is when a storm is blowing in, which was the case this morning. You could smell the storm, impending rain and change in pressure. Now as I write this, it is pouring rain outside. 

"I love the rain, it washes memories off the sidewalk of life" ~ Play it again, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment