Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 152, 153, 154 and 155 Tues Jan 14th - Superhero Slugs

Day 152, 153,154 & 155
Some days a Superhero.....some days a slug.



In hindsight I should have made my blog a weekly venture while still running every day.
Who would have thought that running every day would be easier than maintaining a silly daily blog??!


Ran Saturday, Sunday, Monday and this morning. 
It's safe to say that two of those four days I had great runs -  feeling strong, light footed and happy while the other two days I felt like I had taken Nyquil, feeling very sluggish and tired.  The truth is, it is harder for me to find the time during the weekends to write a blip about my runs / photo than it is during the work week.  I'm not a great 'relaxing' type of person, so when I am home I buzz around picking projects to complete, running errands, cooking and hanging out with my little family doing fun things. Speaking of projects, we accomplished much the past few days. Super-power organized the house, bagged up a dozen bags of nonsense, clothes and toys for donation and said farewell. There is definitely something cathartic about getting rid of 'stuff', especially good intentioned junk that we hang on to just in case we need it and finding years later that we really didn't. I love organizing and getting rid of unnecessary things. It makes life feel lighter.
However, as accomplished as a power weekend of cleaning and organizing makes me feel, I really need to learn to just relax. Just be. Just sit and do nothing. I don't know why that is so hard for me to do!   Even now, while yawning and stretching my sore neck and shoulders, I find myself thinking of what should be on my next TO DO list.... good grief. 




2 comments:

  1. I'm just the opposite....very good at procrastinating and hoarding stuff - especially books!
    You still do a great blog....
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I very much enjoy your blog entries as well!

    ReplyDelete