Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 32: Fri the 13th - Superstitious? I don't think so.

Day Thirty-Two September 13th - Today is Friday the 13th.  I'm not superstitious in the slightest, however despite my glorious run in the mist this morning, the day is proving to be quite challenging. BUT this is a positive blog, so I won't do any bitching.
Doppler for the weather system was down, so I wasn't sure what to anticipate outside, but was pleasantly surprised. It was cool and misty. Almost like the Seattle rains I miss so much.  The mountains never fail to impress me from the top of the trail. The Rockies are so majestic. I love how they frame the valley. 
Jax and I found a peculiar hut wood limb structure deep in one area off the trail. I imagined a small ogre living in it. It was taller than me and quite impressive considering I hadn't see it the day before.  Jax kept sniffing around it as if he smelled something intensely interesting.
I didn't want to linger long though... in case we woke the ogre up.  It is Friday the 13th of 2013 ya know...and monsters are real. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment